Friday 31 July 2009

I want to move my web page from 1&1 to Yahoo web hosting.?

Will the pages I made on 1%26amp;1 go with my domain name when I change servers-- or do I have to make new pages on Yahoo?
I want to move my web page from 1%26amp;1 to Yahoo web hosting.?
Hello J M. I'm the founder and CEO of a web hosting company myself, eVentureBiz (http://www.eventurebiz.com).





The short answer to your question is no, you will have to copy your website's files to your computer and then upload them to your new Yahoo hosting account. You can, however, leave your domain name hosted with 1%26amp;1 and simply point what's called its dns to your Yahoo web hosting account.





To answer your question in more detail, there are two parts to a website, the domain name and the actual hosted files. The domain name can be hosted with any web host that hosts domain names. For example, I am a real estate investor. Before I owned a web hosting company, I actually used Yahoo Web Hosting for my website. After starting my company, I moved my investing site's web hosting for the files (http://www.vegashouseflippers.com) to my company's web hosting but left my domain name - vegashouseflippers.com hosted with Yahoo.





So, the .html files and pictures are stored with eVentureBiz Web Hosting and the domain name is still with Yahoo. The domain name just points to my hosted files (called dns).





You could, of course, move both to Yahoo for just a little more cost.





Of course, since I do own a web hosting company I would like to extend our hosting services to you. Being that I use to host my site with Yahoo, I'm very familiar with their services. I made sure our services were better when I formed our company. We offer more free software, more disk space, quicker email tech support, and more bandwidth for the money. I also personally maintain a blog and community forum on our site where I help others. For example, you could post in our forum if you need some help with design or marketing (use tech support email for hosting tech questions, much quicker) and if I can't figure it out, I'd try to find someone who could.





Again our site is http://www.eventurebiz.com





You can test out our control panel by clicking here:


http://eventurebiz.com/webhosting/contro...





I also have written some tutorials on our site. One of them is about transfering your web hosting to our company. If you decide to use Yahoo, you still might find this tutorial helpful.


http://eventurebiz.com/tutorials/index.h...





Thanks for your time and I hope this helps. If you have further questions, feel free to use my blog's form (John's Blog) to contact me and I'll help you in any way I can, even if you still decide to go with Yahoo. I'm here to help people however I can. That's part of how our company is different. We're a social web hosting company.





John


ceo and founder of eVentureBiz


No comments:

Post a Comment